Weddings are a beautiful amalgamation of traditions, emotions, and memories. One of the most significant elements of any wedding is the flowers. From the boho wedding bouquet held by the bride as she walks down the aisle to the intricate floral arrangements adorning the venue, flowers play a pivotal role in setting the mood and ambiance. But have you ever thought about incorporating family traditions into your wedding bouquet flowers? Here's how you can do it.
1. Understand the Significance of Each Flower
Every flower carries with it a tale of love, passion, remembrance, or even sorrow. For instance, roses, universally recognized as symbols of love, have graced countless weddings. But beyond the common meanings, delve into your family's unique stories. Did your great-grandmother receive a specific flower from her beau during courtship? Was there a particular bloom your parents had in their wedding?
- Interview family members, especially the older generation, about flower stories or traditions.
- Research the cultural significance of these flowers. For instance, in some cultures, lilies symbolize purity and renewal, making them a popular choice for weddings.
- Once you've gathered this information, discuss with your florist how to incorporate these meaningful blooms into your wedding bouquet flowers.
2. Opt for Fake Wedding Flowers
The beauty of fake wedding flowers is their longevity. Unlike fresh flowers that wilt and fade, these remain vibrant, allowing you to cherish them for years.
Action Steps:Explore high-quality fake flowers that mimic the texture and color of real ones. With advancements in design, many faux flowers today can deceive even the keenest eye.
- Consider the environmental impact. Fake flowers, especially those of high quality, can be more eco-friendly as they reduce the demand for out-of-season flowers and the associated transportation emissions.
- Design a bouquet that can be disassembled. This way, family members can take a piece of it as a keepsake.
3. Incorporate Heirloom Accessories
Heirloom accessories can transform a beautiful bouquet into a piece of living history.
- If you have an heirloom lace, consider wrapping it around the bouquet's stem.
- Brooches and pins can be strategically placed amidst the flowers, adding a sparkle and personal touch.
- If a family member had a locket or small photo frame, it can be woven into the bouquet, allowing you to carry memories of loved ones with you.
4. Boho Wedding Bouquet: A Blend of Tradition and Modernity
The bohemian style is eclectic, drawing inspiration from various sources. It's the perfect canvas to blend old family traditions with your unique style.
- Use a mix of wildflowers, especially if they hold family significance. For instance, if family trips involved picking wild daisies, make sure they're part of your boho wedding bouquet.
- Add unconventional elements like feathers or dried flowers, especially if they resonate with family stories or personal experiences.
- Discuss with your florist about creating a cascading bouquet, which can incorporate a wider variety of flowers and elements.
5. Seek Inspiration from Family Wedding Photos
History often offers the richest inspiration. By revisiting the past, you can find elements that resonate with your present.
- Spend an afternoon going through family albums. Note the flowers in the bridal bouquets and even the venue decorations.
- Look for patterns. Did most family brides prefer a certain flower or color? This can be a tradition you'd want to uphold.
- Share these findings with your florist. They can help recreate or modernize the bouquets, ensuring your wedding flowers are a beautiful blend of past and present.
Incorporating family traditions into your wedding flowers is more than just about aesthetics. It's about weaving stories, memories, and emotions into an arrangement that you'll hold as you step into a new chapter of life. Whether it's the wild allure of a boho wedding bouquet or the timeless charm of roses, let your bouquet be a testament to your family's journey and the love stories that shaped it.